- 1A classical portico or roofed colonnade.More example sentences
- The inscription was carved in a stoa, probably in the 2nd cent.
- Thus in the market-place at Athens the stoa poikile was decorated with Polygnotus's representations of the destruction of Troy, the fight of the Athenians with the Amazons, and the battles of Marathon and Oenoe.
- This frame has been variously interpreted as a reflection either of temple architecture, or of the stoa which formed part of so many sanctuaries.
More definitions of stoaDefinition of stoa in:
- The US English dictionary