- A knitted conical hat with a long tapered end, often bearing a tassel, that hangs down.More example sentences
- He points out that the beard and headgear - top hats, billycock hats, or woolen stocking caps - are symbols of senior male status.
- The people around him changed as well; fewer workingmen in stocking caps and more sleek top hats and fashionable bonnets.
- Boots, scarves, coats, socks, gloves, stocking caps, even long underwear get a higher approval rating than mittens.
More definitions of stocking capDefinition of stocking cap in:
- The US English dictionary