- 1A red traffic signal.More example sentences
- This oil pump is important because there is an idle-stop feature of the car, which means that the gasoline engine is off when, say, at a stop light.
- He sketched from his car in a parking lot, or at a stop light or drive-up window.
- When we were driving I hadn't really paid attention to what street we were on so I walked to the closest stop light and read the street sign.
- 1.1North American A set of traffic lights.More example sentences
- Only the honking of a car horn behind us, telling us that the stop light had turned green, sobered us up enough for Matt to start driving again, but he couldn't help grinning.
- Indeed, there are times when the pedestrian traffic through the cemetery and around its perimeter is heavy enough to make one think about the need for a stop light inside.
- The town has one stop light and a weekly newspaper called ‘The Lone Star Iconoclast.’
- 2 (also British stop lamp) A brake light.More example sentences
- The stacked taillamps are vertical in orientation; there is a clear acrylic and polycarbonate lens covering three individual lamps: the top is a clear backup light; the middle is an amber turn signal; the bottom is the red stop lamp.
- From a safety standpoint, a rear incandescent stop lamp takes 250 milliseconds to light up once the brake pedal is depressed.
- A leather-cum-wood steering wheel, high-mounted LED stop lamp, restyled front and rear bumpers, multi-reflector fog lamps and elegant chrome-plated front grill are the added features.
More definitions of stop lightDefinition of stop light in:
- The US English dictionary