- The central point around which controversy or trouble happens: Lusignan seems to have been the storm centre of the revoltMore example sentences
- The article refers to Jones as a local lawyer who would ‘once again become the storm center of controversy.’
- Lenin, Trotsky and the majority of the Bolsheviks thought this was premature, because outside the storm centre of Petrograd most people would oppose the uprising.
- It was the storm centre of the ‘biennio rosso’ - the two red years that followed the end of the war in 1918.
More definitions of storm centreDefinition of storm centre in:
- The US English dictionary