- A lamp, flag, or other device used to give a visible warning of an approaching storm: • figurative a sensible wife will usually notice the storm signals and will leave him aloneMore example sentences
- Tens of thousands of people rushed back home from work following the hoisting of a No.8 northwest gale storm signal, the third-highest warning, by the territory's weather observatory.
- The territory hoisted storm signal No.8 at 7: 30 p.m. local time Thursday as Typhoon Utor edged closer to the territory.
- People in continuing education, in contract training and workforce development understand the market, and I hope they have seen the storm signals on the horizon.
More definitions of storm signalDefinition of storm signal in:
- The US English dictionary