noun[mass noun] chiefly US
- Normal working hours, paid at a regular rate: these man-hours are computed by factoring the overtime into straight time [as modifier]: a cut to 35 cars hourly, a quarter of straight-time capacityMore example sentences
- The plant does 45 jobs an hour with a 300,000 annual straight-time capacity.
- In 2003, including an estimate for overseas output aimed at North America, there was straight-time capacity for 1.496 million minivans.
- The industry overall will have straight-time capacity of 18.4 million units by 2009.
More definitions of straight timeDefinition of straight time in:
- The US English dictionary