- A condition (found chiefly in women) in which there is involuntary emission of urine when pressure within the abdomen increases suddenly, as in coughing or jumping.More example sentences
- In up to 75 percent of ambulatory women with incontinence, urodynamic stress incontinence is the main condition.
- A smoker's cough could worsen urine leakage related to stress incontinence.
- Cystometry and uroflowmetry are recommended in women with genital prolapse to evaluate potential stress incontinence, other overt urinary incontinence, and emptying phase dysfunction.
More definitions of stress incontinenceDefinition of stress incontinence in:
- The US English dictionary