Definition of striatum in English:
noun (plural striata strʌɪˈeɪtə)Anatomy
Short for corpus striatum.
- Men who responded to fluoxetine, in addition, showed changes in certain lower brain areas - brainstem, hippocampus, striatum and anterior insula.
- The principal mesencephalic projection to the striatum originates from the substantia nigra pars compacta.
- Instead, the brain showed neuronal loss, gliosis, and glial cytoplasmic inclusions in the striatum and substantia nigra, leading to the diagnosis of striatonigral degeneration.
- Example sentences
- Patients on active medication who failed to improve did not sustain the brainstem, striatal and hippocampus changes unique to antidepressant responders.
- At autopsy, the brain showed mild basal ganglia atrophy and substantia nigra depigmentation, with extensive striatal and substantia nigral neuronal loss and astrogliosis.
- The placebo induced a significant release of dopamine from the damaged striatal neurons, detectable by positron emission tomography.
Definition of striatum in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan