Definition of strike force in English:
noun[treated as singular or plural]
1A military force equipped and organized for sudden attack.
- The Rangers illustrated their lethality as an exceptionally competent Army strike force.
- In 1998, London supported proposals for the construction of an independent European military strike force.
- My biggest concern is to shape up our defence to clear balls as they come in and to attack the strike force of our opponents.
1.1 informal The forwards in a soccer team.
- And completing the biggest strike force in football history is the Brazilian ace Ronaldo.
- It is probably the oldest strike force in the league as he is approaching 53 and I'm not far behind him!
- Ronaldo, of course, scored for the fifth time, which gives their team easily the most potent strike force in the competition.
Definition of strike force in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.