noun[treated as singular or plural]
- 1A military force equipped and organized for sudden attack.More example sentences
- The Rangers illustrated their lethality as an exceptionally competent Army strike force.
- In 1998, London supported proposals for the construction of an independent European military strike force.
- My biggest concern is to shape up our defence to clear balls as they come in and to attack the strike force of our opponents.
- 1.1 • informal The forwards in a soccer team.More example sentences
- And completing the biggest strike force in football history is the Brazilian ace Ronaldo.
- It is probably the oldest strike force in the league as he is approaching 53 and I'm not far behind him!
- Ronaldo, of course, scored for the fifth time, which gives their team easily the most potent strike force in the competition.
More definitions of strike forceDefinition of strike force in:
- The US English dictionary