Definition of strike force in English:
noun[treated as singular or plural]
1A military force equipped and organized for sudden attack.
- The Rangers illustrated their lethality as an exceptionally competent Army strike force.
- In 1998, London supported proposals for the construction of an independent European military strike force.
- My biggest concern is to shape up our defence to clear balls as they come in and to attack the strike force of our opponents.
1.1 informal The forwards in a soccer team.
- And completing the biggest strike force in football history is the Brazilian ace Ronaldo.
- It is probably the oldest strike force in the league as he is approaching 53 and I'm not far behind him!
- Ronaldo, of course, scored for the fifth time, which gives their team easily the most potent strike force in the competition.
Definition of strike force in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan