- A fault in which rock strata are displaced mainly in a horizontal direction, parallel to the line of the fault.More example sentences
- Towards the end of the orogeny, several north-south-trending strike-slip faults were active.
- The Mae Ping and Three Pagodas fault zones are far from being isolated, parallel strike-slip faults.
- The hinterland of the Middle Urals is strongly influenced by north-south-trending strike-slip faults.
More definitions of strike-slip faultDefinition of strike-slip fault in:
- The US English dictionary