- An orchestra consisting only of string instruments of the violin family.More example sentences
- Its unusual scoring features a piano and string quartet against a string orchestra.
- The work is scored for strings (both a string orchestra and a quartet, spatially separated), vibraphones, celesta, bells, and harp.
- Steger gives us five varied concerti on four instruments, and the string orchestra have two to themselves.
More definitions of string orchestraDefinition of string orchestra in:
- The US English dictionary