1A chamber music ensemble consisting of first and second violins, viola, and cello.
- Arriaga was second fiddle in a string quartet at nine years of age, and two years later wrote an octet.
- Even with Adriano's increase of strings over the original string quartet, this performance keeps much of that flavor.
- The Quartet is the graduate string quartet in residence at the Hartt School with the Miami String Quartet.
1.1A piece of music for a string quartet.
- Finally, the Third Symphony contains music derived from a string quartet by way of an opera, so it really is not a late work at all.
- His own compositions number over 60 and include a symphony, string quartet, thirty-four songs, and numerous solo piano pieces.
- The CD contains a short string quartet movement, a suite of four pieces for brass quintet, and solo pieces for piano, trombone, and cello.
Definition of string quartet in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.