- A dish in which the central ingredient, typically strips of beef, is cooked in a sauce containing sour cream.More example sentences
- There were crêpes, there was steak, there was pasta, there was beef stroganoff.
- ‘Chicken paprika’ became popular in the 1970s but was often drowned in sour cream like ye olde beef stroganoff.
- My all-time, age-old favourite has to be beef stroganoff and rice.
named after Count Pavel Stroganov (1772–1817), Russian diplomat.
More definitions of stroganoffDefinition of stroganoff in:
- The US English dictionary