noun (plural same)chiefly South African
- A southern African sea bream, popular with anglers.
More example sentences
- Rhabdosargus and other genera, family Sparidae: several species, in particular the white stumpnose (R. globiceps), which is of commercial importance
- Fishing enthusiasts catch a range of species including the white stumpnose, but the concern is that the catch rates are too high and that this fish may become rare as in other coastal areas.
- Other popular redfish include the red stumpnose and the red roman, reaching 20 and 10 lb, respectively.
- Winter fish would be described as snoek, mullet, white stumpnose and galjoen if you are that lucky.
More definitions of stumpnoseDefinition of stumpnose in:
- The US English dictionary