Definition of stunning in English:
Extremely impressive or attractive: she looked stunning
More example sentences
- My new temporary home in Encinitas was quite superb, walking distance away from stunning California beaches.
- Eddie's stunning Donegal girlfriend Michelle Doherty was also present.
- Finally tonight, the Mars rover Opportunity today sent stunning new images of Mars back to earth.
remarkable, extraordinary, staggering, incredible, impressive, outstanding, amazing, astonishing, marvellous, phenomenal, splendid, imposing, breathtaking, thrilling
informal mind-boggling, mind-blowing, out of this world, fabulous, fab, super, fantastic, tremendous
beautiful, handsome, attractive, lovely, good-looking, comely, pretty, sexy;
sensational, radiant, ravishing, striking, dazzling, devastating, wonderful, marvellous, magnificent, amazing, glorious, breathtaking, captivating, bewitching, charming, alluring, exquisite, impressive, splendid;
Scottish & Northern English bonny
informal gorgeous, drop-dead gorgeous, out of this world, fabulous, fab, smashing, super, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, amazeballs, easy on the eye, knockout
North American informal bootylicious
- Example sentences
- It's almost worth taking a trip down the line stopping off at every station just to admire the stunningly impressive use of concrete.
- Of course, kudos must go to Stephen Higgins on the harpsichord but I was stunningly impressed by the clarinet section.
- The Yorkshire Dales were also stunningly revealed in the film Calendar Girls which prompted a flurry of visitors.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.