noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A kind of expanded polystyrene used especially for making food containers: [as modifier]: styrofoam burger boxesMore example sentences
- However, plastic and styrofoam must be separated from the rest of the garbage.
- Popsicle sticks are still in vogue, as are styrofoam, garden hose tubing, particle board, wire and glitter glue.
- The piece of styrofoam washing up to shore contrasts starkly with the shellfish pushing through the sand a centimetre beneath the surface.
More definitions of styrofoamDefinition of styrofoam in:
- The US English dictionary