- 1Below the cortex.More example sentences
- Imaging studies done 9 days after admission showed significant progression of his disease, with increased meningeal thickening and focal extension to the adjacent cortex and subcortical white mater.
- Radiographic studies showed a collapse of the eighth vertebra and a subcortical defect on the inner surface of the distal end of the patient's left femur.
- The lesions characteristically involve subcortical white matter, extending to the lower layers of the cortical ribbon.
- 1.1 Anatomy Relating to or denoting the region of the brain below the cortex.More example sentences
- Normal consciousness requires wakefulness or arousal activated in the brain stem and midbrain and awareness via the cerebral cortex and projections to and from subcortical brain areas.
- Neuroimaging studies demonstrate that pain involves highly distributed processing in multiple cortical and subcortical regions.
- Retrieval success produced a significant cluster of activation in the prefrontal cortex, the medial frontal gyrus, and several clusters in subcortical regions, most notably in the left medial temporal lobe.
More definitions of subcorticalDefinition of subcortical in:
- The US English dictionary