nounchiefly • technical
- 1A subdivision of a domain: artificial intelligence is a hazily defined field with two related subdomainsMore example sentences
- A strong correlation was found in previous work between the stability of the intact protein and the affinity between its two subdomains.
- This would produce an amino-terminal truncated protein, lacking an essential subdomain required for protein kinase activity.
- In 67 (19%) cases, these estimates were selected from two or more reported results within a single subdomain based on rules delineated in the methods section.
- 1.1 Computing An Internet domain which is part of a primary domain: within the .us domain, there are subdomains for the fifty states mail.google.com is a subdomain of google.comMore example sentences
- Subdomains are a vital part of the Internet but require some technical know-how to implement them on your server.
- If you operate a web site and wish to link to this site, you may link only to the home page of the site and not to any other page or subdomain of us.
- Or, if you don't want to pay to register a domain, and you have a friend who's into DNS, you could ask for a subdomain of one of his or her domains.
More definitions of subdomainDefinition of subdomain in:
- The US English dictionary