Definition of submandibular in English:
1Situated beneath the jaw or mandible.
- Among the reactive conditions, Kimura disease was considered because of the clinical presentation of a tumorlike swelling in the submandibular subcutaneous area with typical lymphadenopathy.
- But I have used a technique where the submental and submandibular areas are liposuctioned.
- For example, cancers of the oral cavity typically metastasize to the submandibular triangle, whereas cancers from most other sites in the head and neck spread to the lateral neck.
1.1Relating to or affecting a submandibular gland.
- One year later, a recurrent lesion was noted in the remaining anterior mandible with multiple left submandibular and cervical lymphadenopathy.
- Because of the clinical presentation of submandibular and mediastinal lymph node enlargement, this patient was thought to have lymphoma on radiologic examination.
- There are early jowls and often submental and submandibular fat, as well as the presence of microgenia.
Definition of submandibular in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia