Not meeting standards or reaching a level regarded as usual, especially with respect to intelligence or development.
More example sentences
- Epilepsy does not shorten life or cause insanity or subnormal intelligence.
- I suspect it was in fact a holding pen for all of Brighton's mentally subnormal and alcoholic inhabitants.
- He's a man of limited intelligence, he's got a very subnormal IQ, and they wanted to hang the crime on someone.
- More example sentences
- It was repeated in Egan, although in that case the abnormality of mind was mental impairment or subnormality which, as an ‘arrested or retarded state of mind’, was a permanent condition not related to D's powers of control.
- These children exhibited significant problems of scholastic underachievement, without any evidence of mental subnormality, learning difficulty or any behavioural or emotional disorder.
- They rely on an outdated definition of mental subnormality.