Definition of suboptimal in English:
Of less than the highest standard or quality: suboptimal working conditions
More example sentences
- The presence of endometriosis, tubal factor, or suboptimal sperm quality may halve the likelihood of spontaneous conception.
- In observational studies of handwashing, the frequency and quality of hand hygiene are consistently suboptimal.
- I complained that conditions were suboptimal.
- Example sentences
- These kidneys may function suboptimally, which means that higher numbers of transplants must be balanced against the possibility of poorer transplant outcomes.
- Often we are probably right to suspect that firms function suboptimally even when they make healthy profits.
- That study included 284 patients, of whom 175 had controlled blood pressure and 109 had suboptimally controlled blood pressure.
Definition of suboptimal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.