- A taxonomic category that ranks below order and above family.More example sentences
- Likewise, comparisons of growth series permit elucidation of phylogenetic relationships at lower taxonomic levels such as suborders, families, or subfamilies.
- The American mink is a representative of the large family Mustelidae belonging to the suborder Caniformia in the order Carnivora.
- We therefore employed a second assumption that autocorrelation of mutation rates occurs between insect genera, families, or suborders.
More definitions of suborderDefinition of suborder in:
- The US English dictionary