Definition of subregion in English:
A division of a region.
- For practical purposes, the ‘Eastern’ subregion consists of the Eastern North American and Central Mexican subregions, plus the Middle American Transitional area.
- These data are tabulated by species with locations referenced to zoogeographical subregions, political units of provinces, states, or countries, and source citations.
- Canids and, to a lesser extent, felids are present in the Tundran, Coniferan, and Deciduan subregions always as continuous carnivores.
- Example sentences
- Events in Africa suggest a trend that regional and subregional organizations are the first to respond to emerging crisis situations.
- After World War II, regional integration was largely stimulated by the UN Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, which saw regional or subregional integration as a way to resolve the problems of small markets.
- The bank said external risks to the regional and subregional outlook include the continued weakness of the U.S. economy, developments in the technology sector, and uncertain prospects facing the Japanese economy.
Definition of subregion in:
- US English dictionary