nounNorth American • informal
- A soap opera.More example sentences
- Though some dub the Ranma series a ‘soap opera for kids,’ there is plenty to enjoy as the romantic entanglements are played for humor rather than the endless string of romantic combinations the real sudsers portray.
- Let's face it: the commercial channel's output is overwhelmingly inconsequential, but this bomb of a sudser occupied an even lower rung on the ladder of popular entertainment.
- I suppose I feel a similar vulnerability at the climactic moment from another Leo McCarey sudser, ‘An Affair to Remember, ‘when the crippled Deborah Kerr exclaims to playboy-but-true-love Cary Grant, ‘If you can paint, I can walk!’
More definitions of sudserDefinition of sudser in:
- The US English dictionary