- 1Deeply unhappy or depressed and likely to commit suicide: far from being suicidal, he was clearly enjoying lifeMore example sentences
- In fact, depressed or suicidal adolescents may be those least likely to obtain help.
- Most cancer patients are depressed, some are suicidal.
- These open meetings are for people who are suicidal or suffering from depression, panic attacks, shyness, etc and it is anonymous.
- 1.1Relating to or likely to lead to suicide: I began to take her suicidal tendencies seriouslyMore example sentences
- There is also the risk of liver tumors, kidney damage, strokes, heart disease, and a change in personality that can lead to violence and suicidal tendencies.
- Mr. Fitzwilliam said he monitored his wife's mood swings during her treatment on Prozac and believes that it caused suicidal urges which eventually led to her death.
- It had been claimed that paroxetine could induce agitation and lead to suicidal thoughts.
- 1.2Likely to have a disastrously damaging effect on oneself or one’s interests: a suicidal career moveMore example sentences
- Ovitz is now a spent force in Hollywood, having travelled from hubris to nemesis in just five years and two suicidal career moves.
- The fact that a new open source competitor called Wordpress is looking really good has to mean that this is a suicidal marketing move.
- He got there in the penultimate over from Fleming but two balls later he pushed to David Fulton at mid-off and was run out attempting a suicidal single.
- More example sentences
- In a second survey, administered two days later, all students were asked questions about suicidality.
- Treatment of a known conduct disorder or substance abuse disorder also has not been shown to reduce suicidality.
- Her sense of helplessness contributed to her desire to solicit help in dealing with her suicidality.
- More example sentences
- As an unknown teenager, he was cast by Robert Redford opposite Donald Sutherland and Mary Tyler Moore in the role of Conrad, a suicidally depressed young man - the Academy loves mental illness.
- But not all chillies are suicidally hot and beginners are advised to start with milder varieties, like Anaheim or Fresno, that produce a tangy, glowing sensation in the mouth.
- Now, usually, people with rational views of the world are able to prevent policy from degenerating into such suicidally savage behavior.
More definitions of suicidalDefinition of suicidal in:
- The US English dictionary