- A Japanese dish of sliced meat, especially beef, fried rapidly with vegetables and sauce.More example sentences
- In Japan, mitsuba is added fresh or cooked to soups, salads, sukiyaki, sashimi, tempura batter, custards, rice, and vinegared foods.
- They may also be added to ‘one-pot’ dishes such as sukiyaki, or be fried as tempura.
- The Japanese cuisine, as served in the Yamato, is authentic with the various styles covering sashimi, sushi, sukiyaki and tempura items, plus many others such as yaki soba, a favorite of the golfing guru Mike Franklin.
Japanese, from suki 'to slice thinly' + yaki 'to fry, grill, sear'.
More definitions of sukiyakiDefinition of sukiyaki in:
- The US English dictionary