(also sulfamic acid)
noun[mass noun] Chemistry
A strongly acid crystalline compound used in cleaning agents and to make weedkiller.
- Chemical formula: HOSO2NH2
More example sentences
- The R1 working reagent contains 85 mmol / L of sodium acetate buffer, 110 mmol / L of sulfamic acid, surfactant, and ‘solubilizer.’
- When the calcite was dissolved with dilute sulfamic acid, it was noted that white semitranslucent florets of datolite occurred on the crystalline copper.
- It wasn't until a few days later, when the copper specimens had been cleaned in a sulfamic acid solution, that we realized what we had found.
Definition of sulphamic acid in:
- The US English dictionary