A squash which is eaten before the seeds and rind have hardened and which does not keep.
- Cultivars of Cucurbita pepo variety melopepo, family Cucurbitaceae
More example sentences
- Unlike summer squash, butternut squash has a hard, inedible skin that is easily removed with a vegetable peeler.
- A borer-resistant summer squash is still some years away, however.
- The dividing line between summer squash and winter squash thus corresponds to differences in use.
Definition of summer squash in:
- The US English dictionary