1The deck, or part of a deck, of a yacht or cruise ship that is open to the sky.
- There is a large saloon and sun deck, open bar (included in the charter rate) and good food and snacks throughout the day.
- They walked up the stairs to the open sun deck, which was already crowded with people.
- From the sun deck we can look out over the marina at everyone else looking at us.
2North American A terrace or balcony positioned to catch the sun.
- It also features a master bedroom suite with sun deck and an indoor-outdoor pool.
- The Sheraton Commander Hotel includes a Harvard Square location, fitness center with sun deck, and newly renovated rooms.
- To help bring Erskine's apartments back into scale with the rest of the development sun decks, terraces and balconies have been added to all apartments, protruding from many different areas that help lose the flat facade of the blocks.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: sun deck
Definition of sun deck in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.