- Damage to plant tissue, especially bark or fruit, caused by exposure to excessive sunlight.More example sentences
- Ripening apples are vulnerable to sun scald, which causes bronzed or bleached spots on the fruit's skin.
- On young trees ‘temporary ‘branches may be retained along the stem to encourage taper and protect trees from vandalism and sun scald.’
- Maple and poplar, for example, are susceptible to sun scald and desiccation by wind; oaks usually aren't.
More definitions of sun scaldDefinition of sun scald in:
- The US English dictionary