- 1The time in the morning when the sun appears or full daylight arrives: an hour before sunriseMore example sentences
- He picks from sunrise to sundown for an old Okie family.
- Last year I performed during Ramadan, an Islamic month when Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset to cleanse the system and restore inner energy.
- Depending on the context, the day was considered to begin at either midnight, at noon, at sunset, or at sunrise.
- 1.1The colours and light visible in the sky on an occasion of the sun’s first appearance in the morning, considered as a view or spectacle: a spectacular sunrise over the summit of the mountainMore example sentences
- A three-hour walk up to Mt Sinai's summit offers spectacular sunrise views.
- People climb for the sunrise and the great view from the summit - and to have been on the top of Mount Fuji once in their life.
- He has the lights off, and the only source of light is the sunrise behind her.