A widely distributed starfish with a large number of arms.
- Genus Solaster, class Asteroidea
More example sentences
- Cuckoo wrasse are also common, and soft corals and red sunstars add some colour to the rusty steel.
- Behind this woven blanket lay a wall packed with life - large sunstars with dozens of arms, crinoids, sea cucumbers and basketstars, small as your palm in purple and neon orange.
- Large sunstars decorated the rock and I noted many types of starfish, including cushionstars, spiny starfish and blood henries.
Definition of sunstar in:
- The US English dictionary