Definition of superabundant in English:
More formal or literary term for overabundant.
- Silicon is superabundant; it is cheap; its products are light to transport: its production carries few and small pollution risks; its power demands are low.
- Explanatory metaphors for ‘this’ ‘it’ ‘things’ are now superabundant so that the reader is made certain what is being talked about.
- If predators such as raccoons are superabundant in small forest fragments, then increased predation from these animals could be an important source of mortality for bats roosting within these habitats.
late Middle English (in the sense 'very plentiful'): from late Latin superabundant- 'abounding to excess', from the verb superabundare.
- Example sentences
- Or was I supposed to admire it as a superabundance of vitality for which I was never going to be any match?
- In Finland, blessed with a superabundance of trees, wood has assumed the status of national material, its expressive and regenerative qualities forging a powerful connection with the Finnish psyche.
- The 33-page document, published on Tuesday, provided a superabundance of generalities and concepts, but remained abstract on firm spending targets.
- Example sentences
- These sayings refer to ‘a God who is generous to enemies and friends alike, who is superabundantly provident…’
- Such looks of acceptance would make my very soul soar up and I would feel great and superabundantly happy.
- Yet it is superabundantly clear that the personal mental and emotional experience accompanying the collective concept of ‘red’ is vastly different from person to person.
Definition of superabundant in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India