- An alloy capable of withstanding high temperatures, high stresses, and often highly oxidizing atmospheres.More example sentences
- Another 20 to 25% is used as alloy additions in nickel-base superalloys and heat-resisting steels.
- About three-quarters of all rhenium consumed in the United States is used in the manufacture of superalloys - alloys containing iron, cobalt, or nickel.
- The effect on microstructure is not nearly so clear in other cases where a well defined substructure is produced, e.g. Al-Mg alloys, ferritic Fe-Si, Fe-Cr and Fe-Ni alloys, austenitic stainless steels, and nickel superalloys.
More definitions of superalloyDefinition of superalloy in:
- The US English dictionary