noun[mass noun] Medicine & Zoology
- Fertilization of a second ovum during the same oestrus cycle as a result of a second mating, leading to fetuses of the same age but different parentage.More example sentences
- Traditionally, cases of superfecundation have been discovered by the starkly different appearances of twins.
- The scientific term describing fraternal twins by different fathers is heteropaternal superfecundation.
- Obviously, the twins resulting from superfecundation are dizygotic.
More definitions of superfecundationDefinition of superfecundation in:
- The US English dictionary