noun[mass noun] Physics
- Gravity as described or predicted by a supersymmetric quantum field theory.More example sentences
- Before string theory won the full attention of the theoretical physics community, the most popular unified theory was an eleven dimensional theory of supergravity, which is supersymmetry combined with gravity.
- If global supersymmetry doesn't work, then what about local supersymmetry, i.e. supergravity?
- His groundbreaking work in the areas of superstring theory, supersymmetry and supergravity has made him a leading expert on the topic.
More definitions of supergravityDefinition of supergravity in:
- The US English dictionary