noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Infection occurring after or on top of an earlier infection, especially following treatment with broad-spectrum antibiotics.More example sentences
- The percentages of infection relapse or superinfection did not differ significantly between the two patient groups.
- The first step in management of a possible drug fever is to ensure that there is no superinfection or worsening of tuberculosis.
- Reinfection refers to elimination of the organism, followed by its return, and superinfection refers to the appearance of a new organism in the culture.
More definitions of superinfectionDefinition of superinfection in:
- The US English dictionary