nounMetallurgy & Physics
- An ordered arrangement of certain atoms in a solid solution which is superimposed on the solvent crystal lattice.More example sentences
- Thus, some key issues about the superlattices remain unsolved: How could such crystal-like structures exist in a bilayer without rigid chemical bonds between molecules?
- It is based on a superlattice composed of alternating single crystal ‘stripes’.
- Finally, they fix these superlattices in position by baking the particles at 560°C for about 30 minutes - this decomposes the soap molecules to form a hard carbon crust that holds the magnetic particles in position.
More definitions of superlatticeDefinition of superlattice in:
- The US English dictionary