Definition of supernal in English:
1Relating to the sky or the heavens; celestial.
- Here the name of the possible supernal comes forward as a face full of brilliance, a self-organizing principle in the complex geometry of chance and revelation, an entire ethics, really.
- This freedom, however, is enjoyed only by ‘the divine and supernal substances’ and by human beings engaged in the contemplation of God.
- You may be trying to invoke the ‘echos from the supernal world’ but they're everywhere and where-ever people say they're doing magic there's a bit of truth there.
- Example sentences
- The songs, which are settings of John Clare, deal with stillness, and supernally dazzling summers.
- He was supernally beautiful, majestic, god-like, and impassive and impersonal to the last degree.
- It consists of 100-odd supernally beautiful snippets of video that someone has anonymously posted on the Web.
Words that rhyme with supernalcolonel, diurnal, eternal, external, fraternal, infernal, internal, journal, kernel, maternal, nocturnal, paternal, vernal
Definition of supernal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.