Definition of supernal in English:
1Relating to the sky or the heavens; celestial.
- Here the name of the possible supernal comes forward as a face full of brilliance, a self-organizing principle in the complex geometry of chance and revelation, an entire ethics, really.
- This freedom, however, is enjoyed only by ‘the divine and supernal substances’ and by human beings engaged in the contemplation of God.
- You may be trying to invoke the ‘echos from the supernal world’ but they're everywhere and where-ever people say they're doing magic there's a bit of truth there.
- Example sentences
- The songs, which are settings of John Clare, deal with stillness, and supernally dazzling summers.
- He was supernally beautiful, majestic, god-like, and impassive and impersonal to the last degree.
- It consists of 100-odd supernally beautiful snippets of video that someone has anonymously posted on the Web.
Definition of supernal in:
- US English dictionary