1A person who supervises a person or an activity.
- Here's what's surprising to me: 27 percent had come to the attention of supervisors for suspicious activities prior to the crime they were caught committing.
- Higher-level managers often spot-quiz supervisors about their new employees: What are his hobbies?
- This result corresponds with the presumed deficit in supervisory training of agricultural supervisors and managers and the results of this study.
manager, director, administrator, overseer, controller, boss, chief, superintendent, inspector, head, governor, superior, organizer, conductor, steward, foreman, ganger
informal honcho, gaffer
1.1A person who directs and oversees the work of a postgraduate research student.
- Work done by university staff acting as supervisors for postgraduate students can be viewed in the same way.
- Teacher educators, supervisors, and professors who teach, mentor, and advise preservice teachers should consider the resistant nature of teacher efficacy beliefs.
- To such supervisors, research students may represent a source of cheap research labour.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: super|visor
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.