- According to what is generally assumed or believed (often used to indicate that the speaker doubts the truth of the statement): the adverts are aimed at women, supposedly because they do the shoppingMore example sentences
- The first indication it had supposedly happened was a look of frozen horror as he took his first bite.
- Even areas that are supposedly protected are absurdly abused, the dossier alleges.
- Believe it or not, these supposedly silly methods can make all the difference.
More definitions of supposedlyDefinition of supposedly in:
- The US English dictionary