- A drug or other substance which acts to suppress or restrain something: an appetite suppressantMore example sentences
- It also acted as a stimulant, a sedative, an appetite suppressant, and fed smokers' addictions.
- Those using the drug as an appetite suppressant appeared to be at 16 times the risk.
- Both of these drugs have been used as appetite suppressants and both have amphetamine-like sympathomimetic effects.
More definitions of suppressantDefinition of suppressant in:
- The US English dictionary