(also surf and turf)
noun[mass noun] chiefly North American
- A dish containing both seafood and meat, typically shellfish and steak.More example sentences
- There's never been a shortage of restaurants on the Oregon coast, most of which cater to tourists with menus heavy on chowder, burgers, and surf and turf.
- Black pudding may be a staple of the classic northern English fry-up but in recent years it has had a glamorous makeover as our chefs team it with fish and seafood in a very upmarket take on surf and turf.
- This flavorful way of eating burgers brings new meaning to surf and turf.
More definitions of surf 'n' turfDefinition of surf 'n' turf in:
- The US English dictionary