- I was sitting in suspense wondering what exactly had happened.
- The crowd is in suspense, wondering how things will go for the dog.
- Until then, you'll just have to live in suspense.
- I let out a heavy sigh and thought hard for a few seconds, unable to register anything except comic books and fiction suspense novels.
- Even though it's riddled with melodrama, this is still a high quality internal affairs suspense thriller.
- The mystery of these implicit questions heightens the novel's suspense.
- The Applicant has set in motion an appeal from the disciplinary panel to an appeal panel but that appeal has been put into suspense by reason of his application for judicial review.
Late Middle English: from Old French suspens 'abeyance', based on Latin suspensus 'suspended, hovering, doubtful', past participle of suspendere (see suspend).
Words that rhyme with suspensecense, commence, common sense, condense, dense, dispense, expense, fence, hence, Hortense, immense, offence (US offense), pence, prepense, pretence (US pretense), sense, spence, tense, thence, whence
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: sus|pense
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.