Definition of swatch in English:
- We come to the house with all our materials, colour and fabric swatches and can usually go through each room within the one session.
- Included are samplers, embroidered pictures, portraits, sewing implements and patterns, quilts, clothing, linens, fabric swatches, photographs, and other documents.
- I sent him tie samples, fabric swatches, photos, the whole nine yards.
- I was both a cool and deep dude, but predominantly cool - and a swatch book of 33 of these qualifying hues was ‘my colour.’
- I come with my swatch books and some drawing paper.
- Most retailers can get you a sample swatch or will allow you to check out the book for an evening.
- I thought that maybe a couple of swatches could be useful, especially for those of you who are going to shop online without seeing the actual products first.
- If you're looking for reviews, beauty, swatches, and more, whether it's haircare, skincare or makeup...you've come to the right place!
- Of the shades I tried, Rose Boudoir and Rose Thé are the most opaque, which you can hopefully see in the swatches above.
- They were about to throw out a swatch of material they found in my remaining sneaker, but I grabbed it and stuffed it back in my fancy leather shoes before they could open it and find my heart.
- Bright swatches of fuchsia, orange and yellow tend to advance before cooler passages of lavender, violet and blue.
- The several paintings titled Night Sky are swatches of impenetrable black texturing.
verb[with object] Back to top
- I seem to have a fairly healthy collection of brown pencil liners but I've never swatched them all side by side.
- I'm actually considering swatching all my lipsticks (50+) and posting them on here for people to look at.
- The lovely sales assistant swatched a couple of shades on my hand.
Early 16th century (originally Scots and northern English, denoting the counterfoil of a tally, and later a tally fixed to a piece of cloth before dyeing): of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with swatchblotch, botch, crotch, notch, outwatch, scotch, splotch, topnotch, watch
Definition of swatch in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.