Definition of swayback in English:
An abnormally hollowed back, especially in a horse; lordosis.
- Adjustments for a full derrière, long waist and swayback are also common for this figure type.
- Once I'd ridden on the swayback of a blue mule, tumbled off it, and broke a tooth.
- When you slouch or stand with a swayback, you exaggerate your back's natural curves.
- Example sentences
- The Cheetah was profoundly sway-backed, his shoulders, far from being laid back, were set almost forward of his chest, his ‘wrists’ were virtually glued together, and his big front paws pointed east and west.
- The two principal species of elephant are Loxodonta africana, the sway-backed African elephant, and Elephas maximus, the Asian elephant.
- Perhaps we should outlaw the internal combustion engine and return to a transportation system of mules and big sway-backed sheep.
Definition of swayback in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia