- A small gland that secretes sweat, situated in the dermis of the skin. Such glands are found over most of the body, and have a simple coiled tubular structure.More example sentences
- Inability to sweat is called anhidrosis and is usually caused by skin diseases that block sweat glands, birth defects in sweat gland, burn injuries and a neurologic condition called Guillian Barre Syndrome.
- The version used today, designed in the 1920s by Leonarde Keeler, records respiration as well as sweat gland and cardiovascular activity.
- In the human skin, amyloid is found in close connection with the sweat glands and sebaceous glands, which display a great functional activity (Schilder).
More definitions of sweat glandDefinition of sweat gland in:
- The US English dictionary