- Win every event or prize in a contest.More example sentences
- Honours went to a team from Nationwide building society in Swindon, which scooped the business trophy, while teams from the military swept the board in other events.
- Neil Todd, of Gosforth, near Seascale, almost swept the board with 16 first prizes, including best vegetable exhibit.
- American Beauty swept the board, a triumph of thoughtful, provocative cinema over Hollywood's usual predictable bilge.
More definitions of sweep the boardDefinition of sweep the board in:
- The US English dictionary