- (Especially of Chinese-style food) cooked in a sauce containing sugar and either vinegar or lemon: sweet-and-sour porkMore example sentences
- In Norway the grated root is mixed in with whipped sweet-and-sour cream, vinegar, and sugar; this sauce is called pepperrotsaus and is served with cold boiled fish, in particular salmon.
- Paul lifted the lid off his serving platter to reveal huge pieces of breaded pork covered in sweet-and-sour sauce on a bed of freshly steamed white rice.
- So next time you dine on sweet-and-sour pork and egg-fried rice in a British Chinese restaurant, please don't forget that that is just the tip, the merest, tiniest tip of the iceberg.
More definitions of sweet-and-sourDefinition of sweet-and-sour in:
- The US English dictionary