- A fragrant European garden pink with flattened clusters of vivid red, pink, or white flowers.
More example sentences
- Dianthus barbatus, family Caryophyllaceae
- I want blooming roses, daisies, tritoma, canna, coreopsis, sweet william, lobelia, lupins, gypsophilia, pansies, and the like.
- Forget-me-not, wallflower, primula, sweet william and viola will all be available from garden centres and nurseries.
- As you cut down summer annuals and biennials, such as foxglove, hollyhock, poppy and sweet william, break apart the seed heads and sprinkle the seeds around.
More definitions of sweet williamDefinition of sweet william in:
- The US English dictionary